Most molders use Tie Bar Covers to protect their moldings from unwanted contamination from contact with tie bar grease. Covers made of tough, oil resistant neoprene material with zippers also help protect the machine from premature wear too. Tie Bar Covers are attached to the movable platen using magnets and are attached to the tie bar at the stationary platen using a Velcro strap. This inexpensive method reduces contamination of molded parts while extending the life of tie bars and bushings.
Inexpensive method to reduce contamination of molded parts while extending the life of tie bars and bushings. Each cover features zipper, Velcro, and magnetic mounting kit for quick and easy installation. Prevents molded parts from contacting tie bar grease. (NOTE: these are sold individually, not as a pair)
Shown in Mold Closed Position
Shown in Extended Mold Open Position
- Provides a cleaner, more professional appearance at the press
- Contract and expand with mold stroke to provide continuous protection
- Prevents molded parts from contacting tie bar grease
- Protects tie bars and bushings from abrasive airborne particulates
- Quick and easy installation with Zipper, velcro, and magnetic mounting kit
- Constructed of nitrile coated cotton fabric
- Custom made to any tie bar diameter and length
- Sized to the molding press, not individual molds
- Comes standard with magnetic mounting kit
This is a custom made item. Please fill out a custom quote request.
Contact our Customer Service Team at 800-435-6979